I attended Carol May’s Academy from the age of 13 studying Ballet, Tap and Jazz and gained exams up to Intermediate level in all 3 genres.
Following A’ levels, I gained a place at the Urdang Academy in London followed by Performers College in Essex where I gained a Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre. During training I performed:
- As lead role in “The Snow Queen” UK touring pantomime (singing & acting)
- In the role of Skylar in “Bring it On - The Musical” (dancing, singing & acting)
- At the FA Cup Final (dancer)
- At McDonalds 40th anniversary event, London (dancer)
- At MOVE IT – Dance and Performing Arts show, London (dancer)
- At the Christmas Ideal Home Exhibition, London (singer)
After graduating, I was employed by Carnival Cruise Line as a Dancer/Singer and performed and travelled around the East Coast of the USA and Canada and the Caribbean and South America. During my contracts I also taught children’s and adult dance classes.
Since returning to the UK, I have appeared in the first series of “All Together Now” (BBC 1) as one of the 100 singing judges.
I have subsequently gained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Professional Practice Creative Industries (Performing Arts) and have taught Ballet, Tap and Jazz in a private dance school.
I have recently completed a PGCE and am due to take up my first further education teaching post at Sir John Deane's Sixth Form College in Cheshire as a Performing Arts Teacher
I would like to thank Carol and her teachers whose teaching and encouragement inspired me to follow a career in the Performing Arts Industry.